New Artisan is committed to the care and preservation of the environment.
We’re very specific about how we do that, and here are the headlines….
- Our hardwood lumber is sourced from certified mills that utilize sustainable forest practices.
- We offer rapidly-renewable wood species such as bamboo and eucalyptus.
- We constantly strive to maximize yield on flat-panel products to reduce waste.
- We have eliminated the need for toxic adhesives in our cabinet box manufacturing process.
- We use solvent-free non-toxic construction adhesives when needed during our installation.
- We manufacture our cabinetry locally, which reduces fuel and transportation costs.
The Rest of the Green Artisan Story: Environmentally-Friendly Materials And Finishes.
We use a large amount of wood in the construction of our cabinets. So we’ve made it a priority to only use lumber, plywood and finished wood products (like doors) that come from companies that support sustainable forestry practices and whose manufacturing processes are eco-friendly by reducing VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) and HAP (Hazardous Air Pollutant) emissions.
- The FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) plywood used in our cabinets is manufactured using a formaldehyde free resin derived from soy. This proprietary system is non-toxic and considered to be the best no-added formaldehyde choice, leading to better indoor air quality. This product can also contribute to points under the LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) green building rating system.
- Our drawer boxes are coated with a finish that is non-toxic and FDA approved for food contact.
- Our cabinet interiors are finished with a 100% solids ultra-violet cured coating that does not emit any VOCs.
- We intend to continue to strive for new ways to create a healthier environment in the homes and businesses where our cabinets are installed as well as in our manufacturing facility.